With the Foundation’s assistance, Pacific County has been able to purchase and install floor lockdown devices for the doors in most of the Courthouse offices. Security for the Courts is critically underfunded, especially for Courts located in rural counties. Pacific County Courthouse is a national historic building; of course when it was constructed, courthouse security was not the issue it is today. When the building was first occupied, all county services were located in the building, including the Sheriff’s Office and Jail – times have sure changed. The security issues the Courts face today, where inconceivable 100 years ago; funding and implementing security improvements in such a historic building is difficult. With the Foundations grant, Pacific County has been able to take a step towards providing a secure and safe environment for the public and staff.
Thank You Outgoing Board Members
Our deepest appreciation to our outgoing board members for your support and dedication:
- Paul Stritmatter, Stritmatter Kessler Whelan Koehler Moore
- JB. Meade, Fain Anderson VanDerhoef Rosendahl O’Halloran Spillane PLLC
- Rod Ray, Margullis and Ray Attorneys At Law, PLLC
- Brad Fulton, Carter & Fulton PS, and
- Michael Guadagno, Bullivant Houser & Bailey